Sunday, December 2, 2007

Oh December

Can you believe that it is December already? This year has just flown by, I am partially thankful for that. We have had quite a year, one that I am ready to put behind us.

I made several of these cards today. I CASED a card from Diane Gilbert at My Little Stampin' Spot. I really like this design and it is great for using up scraps.

I used the snowflake cuttlebug embossing folder on Cryogen White cardstock. It really adds the perfect amount of shimmer. The trees are a Studio G stamp from the $ bin at Michael's. I used Zig watercolor markers to color them. I highlighted the stars and a portion of the trees with Spica glitter pens. The image is then double matted and adhered with pop dots onto a strip of cardstock & the card front.

The sentiment is from Verve Visual's Winter Wonder set. It was cut out with Nestabilites as was the scalloped oval. The sentiment is adhered with pop dots.

Cody and I decorated the tree this morning, he was aching to do it. We went with colored lights this year because the pre-lit tree lights are only partially working. Can those be fixed?? I ended up using a few extra strands around a grapevine wreath and we have it hanging by the front door.

2 comments:

My Paper World said...

Beautiful! The embossing looks great!

Flossie's Follies said...

What a great card, I have that $ stamp will have to try this. I have yet to put up my decorations.

ShareThis